Starting a nonprofit 501(c)(3) public charity is not a decision to be taken lightly. Public charities are subject to federal and state rules and regulations that are not imposed on “for-profit” small businesses, including how they will generate income. The purpose of this workshop is to help newly established and potential nonprofit founders gather information needed to make an informed decision on how to move their charitable missions forward.
What you’ll learn:
• Fundamental differences between a nonprofit, social enterprise, and for-profit business.
• Fundamental differences between a public charity and a private foundation.
• The 7 steps needed to form a 501(c)(3) anywhere in the U.S.
• How to determine which IRS 1023 application to use.
• Key activities to position your public charity for income and sustainability.
• Activities that may risk your 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
• Nonprofit resources and support.